Canadian Parents for French Burnaby Chapter has established a $250 scholarship for a student currently graduating with a bilingual diploma from each of the French Immersion Burnaby high schools. The scholarship recognizes students who have made contributions to the enrichment of French second-language learning experiences for themselves and/or others in their school and/or community. The students must also plan to continue with post-secondary studies. Special consideration will be given to students continuing French language studies at a post-secondary level. The scholarship will be awarded to the successful candidate upon proof of registration in a post-secondary institution.
1. Participates as a volunteer in French Second Language events and activities within the school or community.
2. Intention to pursue further post-secondary education, preferably French language training (local or abroad).
Who is eligible?
1. Applicant’s family is a member of Canadian Parents for French at the time of application. Find membership information at http://bc-yk.cpf.ca/
2. Applicant is in grade 12 and currently graduating from a Burnaby district high school with a bilingual diploma.
3. Applicant plans to pursue their studies at a post-secondary institution.
THE ESSAY: Candidates must write a 500 word essay written in French on the following topic:
“Grâce à l’immersion française, il y a beaucoup d’avantages quand je pense à mon avenir.”
DEADLINE: MAY 31st, 2014
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
View the full details and download the Application Form: Burnaby CPF Scholarship 2013-14