Canadian Parents for French Burnaby Chapter
Scholarship – 2014-15
Canadian Parents for French Burnaby Chapter has established a $250 scholarship for a student currently graduating with a bilingual diploma from each of the French Immersion Burnaby high schools.
The scholarship recognizes students who have made contributions to the enrichment of French second-language learning experiences for themselves and/or others in their school and/or community. The students must also plan to continue with post-secondary studies. Special consideration will be given to students continuing French language studies at a post-secondary level. The scholarship will be awarded to the successful candidate upon proof of registration in a post-secondary institution.
- Participates as a volunteer in French Second Language events and activities within the school or community.
- Intention to pursue further post-secondary education, preferably French language training (local or abroad).
Who is eligible?
- Applicant’s family is a member of Canadian Parents for French at the time of application. Find membership information at http://bc-yk.cpf.ca/
- Applicant is in grade 12 and currently graduating from a Burnaby district high school with a bilingual diploma.
- Applicant plans to pursue their studies at a post-secondary institution.
A 500 word essay written in French on the following topic is required:
“Grâce à l’immersion française, il y a beaucoup d’avantages quand je pense à mon avenir.”
Please choose a teacher that is familiar with your knowledge of the French language and involvement in French language activities.
Please list teacher’s name, email address and phone number.
APRIL 15th, 2015
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
See attached Application Form for full details (includes consent form for media release).